Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lauren and the End of Fiddle


For those 7 people that read my blog you know that Lauren questioned the tooth fairy a few weeks ago. We ended up telling her that the tooth fairy was not real. My  hope and prayer was that we would at least get one more Christmas of her believing. Well.. yesterday she questioned and questioned me about our Elf Fiddle. Mom, do you move him ? Mom , you have to move him it is a doll and he cant move himself?  Mom , I mean really he cant eat candy? On and on to the point that I had to tell her the truth. She was OK with maybe even a bit relieved with the information. I asked if she would like to help me hide him for Walker. She says I'm not touching him. If you have read the book you know that he will " lose his magic if you touch him".  Ha.. so there is still a glimmer of belief.  She says she still believes in Santa but we are wondering if  she just telling us she does.  It breaks my heart to see my sweet little baby growing up. I want to keep her young as long as possible

1 comment:

  1. This makes me a little sad. At some point they figure it all out I suppose. I just don't want them to be mad at me for lying to them so much about it! It's all in good fun, right?

    ReplyDelete