Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Is the _______ real ????????

We knew this day was coming. So tonight when Walker lost his tooth. One of the first things Lauren said was, Is the tooth fairy real?  Ummmmm... I always stumble when these questions come up.  So here is how the conversation went

Lauren:  I mean really fairy's aren't real, nothing can fly around .
Me: really
Lauren: Mom think about it things or people cant fly.
Me: well
Lauren: But Mom Santa is so real that is completely different.
Me: Why?
Lauren: Mom the reindeer fly and help Santa get around the world to deliver the presents.
Me: Good point
Lauren: Santa even brings presents to you. So he's so real
Me. hmm
Lauren: So , Mom what about the tooth fairy?
Me: what about it?
Lauren: is it real?
Me: sigh...
Lauren: Mom I already know that you and Daddy put the $$ under my pillow.
Me: yes
Lauren: I KNEW IT
Me: So that does mean I don't have to give you anymore $$ when your teeth come out?
Lauren: MOM of course you do.
Me: Ha

Makes me sad to see her growing up. Here's to hoping we have one more year of Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment