Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School Shopping gone bad....

This afternoon I had a little time to spare so I told Lauren we would do a little school shopping.  So off we went to find her some things.  First stop was Target and the minute we started looking her attitude began to rare its ugly head. After I made a suggestion to her about something . She stomped her feet and hit her hands on her legs. YES JUST LIKE A 3 YR OLD. I remained totally calm ( which is not my normal reaction) and put everything down . In a very firm voice I told her that we were leaving and if she spoke one word I would spank her in the middle of Target. The look on her face was a look of total shock.  She did open her mouth but nothing came out (smart girl). We left our basket and walked out of the store. Once we got in the car we had a long discussion about her attitude. I told her that she has to have a complete attitude adjustment or we will do NO school shopping.  Also that I will be picking her outfits the first week of school . GASP !!! She looked at me and said Mom, that's not fair. You will ruin my fashion. I said " you have the power to make sure I don't ruin your fashion".  

I was gone this evening to a PTA meeting. When I returned home she apologized for her behavior and said she would work on her attitude. We will have to see over the next few days if that is the case.  She is TERRIFIED that I am going to pick her outfits. I love it....

1 comment:

  1. So, I have to say that I think you handled this situation very well and I definitely hope Lauren's attitude improves...BUT, if it does not, could you pretty please let your blog readers vote on Lauren's outfits for the first week of school, I bet we could ruin her fashion way better than you could :)
    -kelly (underwood) basinger :)

    ReplyDelete