Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elijah

This sweet child has been in thoughts and prayers daily ever since I heard the news that he has "restrictive cardiomyopathy" . In non - doctor terms.. he needs a heart transplant. No words can even express my sadness. It has taken me days to process this. I have done more research on the internet and its a flipping scary diagnosis.

 For those of you that don't know, I was in the delivery room when this soul came into the world.  He will always hold a special place in my heart. As will the entire Auxier family. When we lived in Portland, we met the Auxiers at church and hit if off immediately. We spent holiday with them. Stayed with the all the kids when Jeff was lost in the woods of Oregon eating bugs ( just kidding, that story is a whole other post). Anyway I was pregnant with Lauren and Elijah was only like 3 weeks old.  I LOVE Jeff's wicked dry sense of humor ( made the man spit water across a table one time, I still laugh when I recall that dinner conversation). As you can tell I LOVE LOVE this amazing family. We may be in Texas but we still love them like family.

For some reason today , I have shed many a tear about Elijah. As well as what Kimmee and Jeff are going thru as parents.  This is my prayer today...

Tender and compassionate God, you are our steadfast companion in the joyous times of our lives. When we rejoice, you celebrate with us; when we are anxious and afraid, you offer us a relationship where we can find courage to face the unknown; when we weep with sadness, you are our comforter. Help us, O God, to believe that you receive us as we are, and help us to entrust ourselves, with all our many struggles and hopes, to your faithful and abiding care. Amen.
Unknown

Please continue to pray for Elijah, Kimmee, Jeff, Ed, Mary and Luke.

http://loveforelijah.wordpress.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment