Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Laurens Endocrinologist Check-up

Ever since Lauren has been diagnosed with Hashimotos. We have had to go in 2x a year for her check-up. Typically always falls in August and February. Like always we see the doc first get weighed and height checked. etc.. Then Dr Hutchinson comes into talk to us about any changes. This appt I got the shocker of them all. Well, Mrs Wheeley Lauren is in the beginning stages of PUBERTY. Umm what did you just say to me?? Shes in the early stages but please keep in mind that it could take up to 2 years before.  Then Lauren says until " THE BIG RED MESS ARRIVES".  Yes I about fell off my chair. We have had the conversation but wow. She says Mom I am 10 I know these kind of things. Can we please back up a few years and keep her young FOREVER??? The doctor says its all going to be OK ( mind you shes saying it me not Lauren). I said do you have a pill for me to get me thru these next few years. She cracked up laughing. I am NOT kidding at all. 

This child is so much like me its scary. I know how I was and GOD BLESS my Mom for dealing with me and not killing me. Because I may kill Lauren before its all over it.

Dear Lord Please help me with this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment