Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 What I remember ..

10 yrs ago we had a 2 1/2 month old living in Portland,OR. It was early morning and just put Lauren back down after feeding her. The phone rang and it was Sandy ( Kens cousin) asking me if he was OK. The week before he was in Boston on business but returned home . She wasn't sure if he was still out of town and she was extremely concerned. I had no idea what she was talking about, she told me to turn the TV on. Which I did and couldn't believe that a plane had crashed into I immediately called Ken ( who was at work) and he had heard about the attacks on the radio. I wanted him to come home and be with us. He said he would be home as soon as he could.  I called  Mom/Dad, Joanna Vorachek Austin ( she lived in NYC), Candy Underwood ( Kelly her daughter was at the airport in NYC). Everyone was safe but in as much shock as we were . Ken came home from work and we were glued to the TV what felt like for days. Shannon and Teresa Pfleiderer called us too see if the could come over and watch with us. At the time they didn't have a TV. They came over and we all sat in shock watching.

10 yrs later.. I sit with Lauren and she cant grasp what happened on 9/11. To be honest I still cant get my head around what happened on that day.  What I do know is that Americans are strong. God Bless the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment